Wednesday, April 11, 2007

That's the Breaks!

I rolled into surgery Monday afternoon at Lady of the Lake Hospital, and what was supposed to be a 20 minute procedure actually took 1 hour and 15 minutes. I've had almost a dozen surgeries in my lifetime, so what's one more! Here's a picture of the metal plate and 7 screws Dr. Greene put in my leg--I feel like a piece of hardware from Home Depot! If this gives the appearance of pain and suffering, let me just assure you...it is!

The past couple of days I've been getting to know a couple new friends--Lortab and Hydrocodone...they make me happy. I think I'm really getting good at this Bob Barker, Price is Right game. When I get healthy, I want to go to California and see what I can do to win the Showcase Showdown...or at least a brand new car. Rachel, who is 6 months pregnant, has been such a trooper throughout this whole ordeal. I couldn't ask for better care. She's leaving for London in 1 week, however, for the Hillsong Colour Conference. What am I going to do? I don't even have a British accent?

So many of you have called to check on us and drop off meals (and chocolate chip cookies...for which I am extremely grateful). Slowing down has not been easy for me--I like to take life at 90 mph most of the time--but your kindness has made this season of stillness bearable. We are so blessed to be surrounded by family and friends who really care about us. Thank you!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael, Michael - bless your heart! Good thing you have a good wife! Thanks, Rachel. Well, it hurts me to look at your x-ray. I know what a wimp I was several years ago with a broken finger and 2 pins....ouch. Your uncle Howard said I was worse than when I had 2 c-sections. Well, I guess you better be resting up and taking in all that TLC that I sure hope you are getting. Your MO aunt wishes you well - with PRAYERS too.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Now the real question is: did they use a purple plate w/gold screw? I hope you get better quickly, Pastor Mike!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Pastor Mike!
What is UP with ankles lately??? First Mrs. Sherrie May and now you!

Ok, I am REALLY sympathizing with you right now... 15 years ago, I stepped in a hole and broke both tips off of each leg bone at my right ankle. I have had a plate and 6 screws in my ankle ever since... I would rather go through ALL THREE of my childbirths -- WITHOUT pain medication -- than go through that ankle surgery again!
I will be praying for swift healing and pain relief for you, and patience and energy for Rachel. ;)

I really do hope you feel better soon!
Summer Kelly =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home