Thursday, March 01, 2007

Armed and Dangerous

It's no secret that Late Nite is a thrill-seeking, risk-taking, high-energy, shoot-em-up-cowboy, fun-loving bunch of rednecks...and I love being a part of it! I grew up in a trailer park in southeast Missouri--you can take the boy out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the boy! What's cool, our Saturday nights are fully loaded with men and woman who love God radically and know how to have a good time.

A couple weeks ago, some of our best and brightest--Chris, Meghan, Robbie, and Jason--took a little adventure trip down to the prairies of Ascension parish and tested their shooting skills at the local sheriff firing range. Check out these pictures: it will put the fear of God in you! Meghan is now the official Late Nite Charlie's Angel--they tell me she can shoot a mosquito out of the air from over 50 yards! She's obviously the most dangerous assistant who has ever worked for me. If I ever come up missing, she's the first person you need to interrogate.

Jason Rosen, the newest addition to our Late Nite security force, is showing us how the west was really won. For him, it's not about accuracy but the sheer joy of spraying metal in a cloud of blazing glory. Needless to say, I feel very safe when I come to church. I guess if I ever get in a bind and need a little back-up, I can call in the Late Nite SWAT team. It gives new meaning to thunder and lightning...get ready cause the storm is coming!!

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey brah, dont forget about me. i was your assistant and i was bad to the bone. ...Got no love...(although i wouldnt mess with meg)

TO

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

Definitely could have used them back in the Local days =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home