Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Day in the Life...

I've been in ministry for over a decade, and I absolutely love what I do! Serving, leading, teaching, mentoring...I'm constantly amazed at God's grace in my life and how I get to be a part of the most powerful movement on the planet--the Church. Since most of my life is full-throttle, pedal-to-the-floor, no-holds-bar ministry, many people ask me what I like to do when I'm not at work. Without a doubt, time with my girls (Rachel included) is gold. They are my heart and soul for sure!!

Needless to say, my dirt-biking, basketball-playing, backyard-wrestling days I knew as a boy are long gone. I've gladly traded all that in for something a little more relevant to my world: dress-up and make-up parties! You have no idea the crazy things a dad will do out of love for his daughters. I have no shame whatsoever! Mikaela has been experimenting with her cosmotology skills and seems to think I'm perfect for target practice--what's a dad supposed to do when his entire living room has been transformed into a fashion show runway??? Sometimes you gotta just go with the flow and start stepping down the runway!! It's kinda embarrassing now, but I'm sure I'll look back at these pictures one day and miss all the make-up parties and fashion shows in which I participated.

Many of you know how I talk about this 3rd child we're expecting and hoping it's a boy. Friday morning after the men's Bible study at Vitality, God used Blair Gremillion to check me in a major way. We were all standing around talking and Blair said, "Mike, I know you want to have a son really bad. But even if you get another girl, look around you. Your life has made an impact on all of us...we're your sons. You've got plenty of spiritual sons."

Wow! That hit me like a Mac Truck! It totally set me free! If I get another girl...praise God! It must be His way of saying that I've got all the testosterone I need...and apparently all that my family can handle! After getting that revelation, in a weird kinda way, it was a little easier to wear the make-up and put on the lipstick and jewelry...if you can believe that! Pretty pretty princess has never been so much fun!

5 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

some of your "sons" are even older than you =)

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

OMG! That picture is the best!!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Its true pastor mike my parents have a ton of kids that aren't theirs by birth but they are apart of the family. You look good in pink

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupendous and wonderful... to see a "real" man not afraid to connect with females. What a blessing for these three "women" so far and the world. Whatever the sex of the new "one", it will be blessed to see and experience a balance that the world does not know. YOU are the man......

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Thanks for being such a great mentor (Dad)! You've really impacted my life in a major way! Thanks so much!

naughty....!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home