Tuesday, February 13, 2007

How the Cookie Crumbles

Several weeks ago I was in Dallas, ministering at a men's conference. After the event was over, some of us went to grab a little lunch at a local Chinese restaurant. Of course, when you eat Chinese food, the experience concludes with a fortune cookie. We had been talking throughout the meal about our children--I spoke of my two delightful daughters and how excited we are about Rachel being 4 months pregnant. It's no secret that I'm pulling for a boy--I've played with enough Barbie Dolls, Pretty Pretty Princess, painted my fingernails, and put on enough make-up to last me for a while...I'm ready to throw a football!!

I gave everyone their fortune cookies, then proceeded to open mine. To my shock and amazement, my Chinese fortune was summed up in one word: GIRL!! I've never seen a fortune cookie with just one word. Normally, it's a wise saying or piece of advice. I dropped that cookie like a hot potato!!! The guys got a good laugh at my expense. All I could think about was 3 girls--3 weddings. I went home and prayed!

7 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Pastor Mike,
That was just the devil trying to mess with you cause he knows what an awesome man of God your son will be! We're still praying!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Beck Payne said...

Mike,

A house full of girls can't be all that bad huh? Prayin for ya man! LOL!

Beck

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Beck Payne said...

Bro.Mike,

A house full of girls can't be all that bad huh? LOL! Prayin for ya my man!

Beck

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Connie Firmin said...

Gotta love those fortune cookies!! I had one a few months back that said "you will get a promotion in the next 30 days". Needless to say I gave it to my boss who thought it was funny. It's now the office joke! ha!

Girls are awesome!!!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Gered Lambert said...

Maybe that cookie meant you would adopt a girl from China! HAHA!

I'm praying with you for TESTOCERONE... TESTOSEROAN... TESTOSSER..........
A BOY!!!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Wow Pastor Mike,
The devil is messinig with you. we are all praying you will get your boy ( Twins) So just curious if Rachel has twins and ones a boy and the other a girl. Then you will still have three girls but you will have that boy.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adoption! What an awesome Option!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home