Friday, December 15, 2006

Clouds of Glory

This morning on our way to school, Mikaela (my 4 year old) and I were having a beautiful conversation. I love my children--it's amazing how much God reveals Himself to me through them! I learn about the touch of Heaven through their eyes.

As we were driving down Airline Hwy through the dense early morning fog, Mikaela said, "Daddy, why is it so blurry outside? It's blurry everywhere. I can't see anything!" After trying to explain the physical science of fog and where it comes from, I could tell she wasn't getting it. I was making it way too complicated--as adults, we have a tendency to do that. So I simplified. "Baby, fog is basically a cloud in the sky that has landed on the ground. It's hard to see stuff around us because we're driving in the clouds."

Instantly the her little light bulb came on. In a burst of excitement she asked, "Daddy, do you think Jesus is sending clouds down here to pick us up and take us to Heaven to be with Him?" She seemed to be a step ahead of me. I was checked big-time! I thought of the scripture in I Thessalonians 4:16-18 where it says, "And the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the arch angel and the trumpet of God. The dead in Christ will rise first; then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with our Lord!" Wow! I had no idea how prophetic Mikaela might be!

I told her, "Baby, this could be the day that Jesus comes back to get us and take us Home. We always need to be ready!" According to her, she's ready for the party now...are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home