Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tangle in Texas

My dad lives in Galveston, and my sister and her family live in Houston. So when the Tennesee Titans travelled to Texas to play the Houston Texans, I was thrilled to be able to do the chapel service for the team. I flew into Bush Intercontinental, and I'm proud of my dad--who turned 60 years old today...Happy Birthday, Dad! He drove way out of his comfort zone and actually braved the "big city" traffic to pick me up at the airport. You really can't appreciate this accomplishment without knowing how nervous my dad can get behind the wheel--not mention how nervous he makes all of us when he drives too!! He's the kind of guy that if he knows he has to make a right turn 10 miles down the road, he'll stay in the right lane the entire way...no matter how slow the traffic may be. How old do you have to be before you get your license revoked???? Just teasing, Dad!

I met the Titans chaplain, Reggie Pleasant, on gameday Sunday morning right before service. What a cool guy! Married and a father of two, Reggie has been serving the team for 8 years and does an incredible job. After talking with him for just a few moments, I felt an immediate connection--instant spiritual chemistry. The players showed up, and so did the Holy Spirit...we had church!!

Dad and I met up with my sister, Sarah, and her family (my brother-in-law Patrick and nephew Wyatt). After tailgating in the rain for 30 minutes (Ha! We made some great, soggy memories!), we headed to Reliant Stadium for the game...and what a game it was!! Tennessee won in overtime on a Vince Young QB scramble from mid-field! I may be wrong, but I think it was the powerful chapel service before the game that inspired the victory. My chapel record with the Jets wasn't that impressive, but so far with the Titans, I'm undefeated!!

A special thanks to Kevin Mawae for making this weekend such a beautiful experience for me and my family. Go Titans!!! You're on a roll!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home