Friday, November 17, 2006

Golden Moments


Yesterday, Rachel and I took the girls to see a precious friend of ours, Ms. Fana Hill. Fana is an 88 year-old firecracker, full of life, laughs, and love for our Savior. She lost her husband years ago, never had any children of her own, and just recently said goodbye to her only brother last year. It just made sense to adopt her into our family--the love was immediate and the joy has been all ours!! She's a hopeless romantic and loves to eat spaghetti and chocolate (not surprising for a passionate Italian girl)! She tells it just like it is...she doesn't waste time mixing words--I love that about her. Ready to leave this old world and all of its troubles behind, Fana talks to Jesus about her heavenly arrival every day...can't say that I blame her. She laughed and told me, "Mike, Jesus promised us that heaven would be a wonderful place...when I get there, I'm going to hold Him to it! If it's not all that He said it would be, He's going to have one little fussy Italian woman on His hands!" I learn so much from her--a greater appreciation for life, a better understanding of the value of friendships, and a clearer perspective on the reality of heaven. No wonder the Scriptures tell us to tend to widows and make them priority...not just for their benefit, but for ours!

1 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Tha awesome! I want to be like that when I'm 50 let alone, 88! Just 100% on fire for God, you know, completely intimate w/the Father! Thanks, Pastor Mike, I love stories like this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home