Thursday, September 28, 2006

Big Win At The Varsity

It was standing-room-only at a packed out Varsity Theater last night, when over 750 people crammed into one of the most popular hang-outs on the LSU campus. The atmosphere was charged with energy and excitement as J-Dawg and our Late Nite worship team stepped on stage. We were all filled with an incredible sense of hope and expectation because our primary purpose for being there had little to do with us...and had everything to do with the One who gave Himself for us--Jesus Christ, the real superstar! From the first note to the final prayer, the love of God was on display.

Even though we were in a unique setting, the atmosphere still felt like home--Jesus really was here...and anything could happen! Mid-way through the worship set, I shared a very simple message about the Cross of Jesus and gave everyone a chance to lay down their sin, their hurts, their past, their failures, and their very lives at His feet. The response was breathtaking! Hands were popping up everywhere--in the back, upstairs in the cafe, even at the bars men and women were reaching a place of surrender. God was doing what only He can do--transforming people from the inside-out! At that moment, I could sense the supernatural taking place. A tidal wave of mercy and compassion was being poured out. People were embracing truth and being set free!

When the night was over, many of us sat around in awe of what we had just experienced. God moments are sometimes difficult to put into words. I'm so proud to be a part of a church that places a high priority on the lost. I can't say enough about our staff and leadership teams who went the second mile to pull this thing off. I'm grateful for the men and women who contributed financially so that another lost soul could find the Answer!

As I left the campus and made my way back to Prairieville around midnight, my body was exhausted but my mind was racing with all kinds of thoughts. I pray when our Lord comes back to get us that He will find us doing everything we can, expending every last drop of energy, creativity, and passion to bring one more person into the Kingdom...populating heaven and plundering hell!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Win is right! To say that we had a church service at a bar is definately a show of what God is doing! If we can do that, what are the limits to our extent in reaching the lost? I can't wait till I get to go next time we have it! Awe-inspiring post, Pastor Mike.
Late.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger KirbyShel said...

wow...I have chills. I didn't make it that night but I prayed up for you guys. Thank u for the passion and preaching the promise of eternal life. God loves u so much and so do all of your sheep.
Kirbs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home