Friday, August 25, 2006

Raw Honesty

Do you ever struggle on the inside when you read about the life of Christ and then evaluate your own? I woke up this morning with such a discontent at the soul level. I wrestle between the person that I am, and the one I long to be...and I wonder if that gap will ever shrink! If the goal of our Christianity is to become like Jesus, I sure am looking a lot like myself. It's easy to admire and even worship Jesus, and still not do the things He did. I'm challenged by His enormous love and disturbed by the smallness of my own. If Jesus really said that the last will be first, why do I work so hard at being first? The more I read Scripture, the more I feel God shaking up my nice and neat, wrinkle-free life.

5 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Gered Lambert said...

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Definately, it's something that I struggle with too; although, it's not as often as I would like. I tend to evaluate myself a little higher than what I am worth a lot of the time. Thanks for the post, it is really encouraging.
Late,
Skittles

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Hey,
glad everything is up and running again. I just had to see if your blog was running again before I went to bed. Anyway, it was good to see you tonight at the Anniversary party for the Rentz's. You're the best man. Thanks for being such a great role model.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Shawn Wilson said...

Man, that is what I've been dealing with all summer. It's nice to know that others are feeling the same way. Great blog. Press on my friend, the prize is ahead of us.

Much love,
Shawn W

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Antoinette said...

Hey I just read your comment about the adult beach trip. You know exactly what kind of a trip that is!! hee Hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home