Tuesday, August 15, 2006

No Place Like Home

Rachel left for Chattanooga, Tennessee, last Friday to be with her brother and his wife for the birth of their first baby. As excited as I am about their new darling addition, I've been "doggy-paddlin" trying to keep my head above water with 2 kids of my own...being Mom and Dad is more than a full-time job! We crossed a couple of major milestones this week: Alexa starting the 3rd grade and riding the bus home from school--I know how bus culture can be...lots of fun and dangerous memories that can increase your visits to the principal's office--and little Mikaela making her debut in beginners gym class. Between playing taxi, packing lunches, cleaning house, washing dishes, brushing teeth, and taking tons of pictures, I've gained a whole new appreciation for the lady in my life!!! I miss my wife and cannot wait until she gets home. It's true--you never know what you have until it goes out of town. Isn't there some sort of scripture outlining the limits as to how long your wife can be away?!! If you're reading this and thinking, "Man, this guy needs to grow up," please pray for me. But if you're reading this and thinking, "Poor guy. He could really use some help," then don't pray...just send money!!!!

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Told you that I would post. I'm just gonna say this, 'I don't have any money to send, but I will pray that the Lord will comfort you during this trying time. Although you probably could use some money since Late Night!! Don't worry, You're still RELEVANT, and it could be worse.
Late.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Antoinette said...

You poor thing!! The nerve of Rachel to actually have a life beyond raising you and the kids!! When she does return, you should let her know how much you appreciate all the work she does. Love ya,net.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mr. MOM!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home