Thursday, July 06, 2006

In Christ

*I'm in Christ because I understand that failure is an event and not a person; yesterday ended last night, and today is a brand new day.
*I'm in Christ because my past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.
*I'm in Christ because I know that a win doesn't make me and a loss can't break me.
*I'm in Christ because I'm filled with faith, hope, and love and live without anger, guilt, greed, envy, or thoughts of revenge.
*I'm in Christ because I am mature enough to delay gratificatoin and shift my focus from my rights to my responsibilities.
*I'm in Christ because I know that if I don't stand for something, then I'll fall for anything.
*I'm in Christ because I'm secure in who I am, so I am at peace with God and in fellowhsip with man.
*I'm in Christ because I understand that others can give me pleasure, but only Jesus can satisfy the hunger in my soul.
*I'm in Christ because I am pleasant to the grouch, courteous to the rude, and generous to the needy.
*I'm in Christ because I love the unloveable, give hope to the hopeless, help to the helpless, friendship to the friendless, and encouragement to the discouraged.
*I'm in Christ because I look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion, and up in gratitude.
*I'm in Christ because I know that "he who would be the greatest among you must become the servant of all."
*I'm in Christ because I recognize, confess, develop, and use my God-given mental, physical, and spiritual abilities to the glory of God and for the benefit of man.
*I'm in Christ because one day I will stand before God and hear him say, "Well done, My good and faithful servant. Enter into My rest."

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things have passed away and behold all things have become new."

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

That's very true. If only we could remember these things when the devil is doing "The Quacks". Late Nite was awesome. Your servant attitude really has inspired me to grow in God. you rock Pastor Mike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home