Friday, June 30, 2006

The Florida Uprising

After returning from a great week of hope-infusing ministry in Oklahoma, I stepped off of the plane in Baton Rouge, re-packed my gear (adding a clean set of clothes and some fresh toothpaste), scooped up my family, and pedalled to Destin, Florida, to catch our student ministry summer camp. When we arrived late Thursday night, it was obvious that a Holy Ghost hurricane had already cleared an incredible path, transforming everything within His reach!!!

I had already heard raving reviews of our junior high camp and the incredible life change that had taken place just a few days earlier. It's now the high school students chance to jump on board. I'm so proud of our student ministry staff, our video/tech team, the Late Nite worship band, and all of our hard-working, do-whatever-it-takes, accept-no-excuses, demand-only-results volunteers who believe in the work of God through this next generation. It's absolutely breath-taking to see over 400 teenagers relentlessly pursuing the face of God!!

Could this be part of the last-days uprising spoken about in the book of Acts? God promised to pour out His spirit upon all flesh...then He speaks specifically about the prophetic gift on our sons and daughters. Wow! I'm overwhelmed to think that we might literally be witnessing the very things God proclaimed 2000 years ago.

That's what summers should be about for our kids. It's so much more than time off from school, beaches and malls, trips and text messages--it's about getting this next generation on track with their destiny! Today, as I watched my daughters swim at the pool, I couldn't help but think about their role in the movement of God's kingdom. The work and the word of God is advancing globally, and I want to make sure that not only am I walking in step with the Spirit, but my children are as well!!

There is a ground swell of titanic proportions, and I want to be right in the middle of it! There is an uprising of righteousness in the midst of a chaotic culture--a Voice that refuses to be silenced. Tune the ear of your spirit to the frequency of heaven!!!! A generation that the world cannot change will be the generation that will change the world!

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Yes, I was there with the high school, and it was amazing! I am soooo excited with what God is doing! I can't wait to see what HE has in store for us! I am ready for the battle!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I totally agree. I was there, and it wasn't long enough. I saw students lives changes, my own life as a leader was changed. I am excited about what this generation is going to do for God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home