Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Chosen can't be Frozen

As I look to a high – energy, high – impacting summer, I feel this sense that God wants to use me and stretch me beyond my natural capabilities. The Spirit of God is tearing down all my anxieties and worries and is freeing me up to walk in all that God has for me. I have been searching through the scriptures looking at the great men and women that God chose to use. It astonishes me how God chooses the unexperienced, the unstudied, and the unashamed. The one thing all these spiritual giants did was dream. God-size dreaming makes room in the believer’s heart for God to move. Dreaming requires faith and trust. I pray that I would not limit God in my heart by elementary-dreaming. I want to climb higher, dive deeper, and stretch further than humanly possible. Another attribute they possessed was that they weren’t afraid to risk failure. I have learned if you are not taking risks, then you really don’t need faith. And if you’re not operating in faith, then you cannot please God. One of the most revolting sins is the sin of inactivity. In the Parable of the Talents, the master condemned his servant not for godless practices but for godless passivity. The days of sideline Christianity are over for us. If we are going to be a people that God uses, we must dream large and take risks.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Master Baron Von Tuckenstein the First Esquire said...

Hey Mike, I just wanted to give you a shout out and also let you know that a co-worker came up to me and said that HPC was always showing up to the Shaw trailer parks trying to help people out. They told me to tell everybody that they really appreciate all the hard work that HPC has done for the hurricane victims. God's work, y'all's hands. Keep it up, you are shining for Him.

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mile thanks for sat night as usual u brought it....i really like for our guys to fill in when deno is gone....you and bro wayne and johnny and more have all the talent to do whatever is needed...im selfish huh....anyway thanks for the great message and all the work we appreciate you to the max gary and beets

 

Post a Comment

<< Home