Saturday, May 27, 2006

Love is in the Air

The past few weeks have been saturated with romance...it seems like everytime I turn around, sombody else is falling in love!! I did a wedding last weekend, I'm doing 2 this weekend, and I'm scheduled to do another next weekend. My daughters insist on going with me to every wedding I officiate. They are "star-struck" over the bride and are captivated by this invisible, magical, Disney-like, princess dream. I enjoy watching young couples grow and develop in their love for each other, but I'm having a hard time convincing my girls that they need to stay home with Mom and Dad until they're about 40 years old. We've taught them that boys have cooties, but Alexa recently came home from school and told me, "Circle-circle, dot-dot, now I got my cooties shot." At this point, Mikaela believes that if she ever kisses a boy, she will turn into a frog...I'm not telling her any different for a long, long, long time!!

2 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

Definitely brings back Crosswalk memories of getting Alexa to say boys have cooties!!! =)

 
At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be worse, Pastor Mike! Yesterday my brother, Dennis, and his wife went to pick up 2 year old son, Mason, from daycare. The teacher told them that Mason and another boy had been caught kissing that day! Dennis has renamed the nursery Brokeback Colorwheel! Count your blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home