Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Kickball Battle Royale

It's 5 o'clock right now on a Tuesday afternoon, and I have been runnin' and gunnin' since early this morning. After a crazy day of meetings, appointments, decisions, and ministry planning, the highlight of my day is just around the corner...a little backyard kickball! One of the best decisions I've made in the past 7 years, is to invest in a kickball at Toys-R-Us. Since I'm surrounded by women (Rachel and my two daughters), all I've known is playing dress-up, Barbies, babydolls, Pretty Pretty Princess, and everything fru-fru. I've been needing to rediscover my macho-masculine side--I have faint memories of its previous existence!

Alexa and I have been in some heated battles over our backyard kickball games. I warn the neighborhood kids and all the little "mama's boys" to stay at home at watch from their windows. My competitive streak has been ignited once again--finger-pointing and running my mouth has always come second-nature to me. They don't call me "the Hamanator" for nothing! Rachel says this competitive drive needs to be crucified...I suggest it only needs to be sanctified.

So if you're in the neighborhood and you're up for a little challenge, bring your running shoes... becuase when I kick it, you're going to be running for a long, long time!

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mike do you think youth, speed, endurance, stamina,muscles,hand and eye cordination will defeat pure experience......id beat you like a rented mule...(but id have to go back 40 years) see ya gary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home