Thursday, August 24, 2006

D-town

I've been in Dallas, TX, all week doing a combination of different things. My mom lives here, and even though it has been difficult, I'm doing my very best to let her to spoil me--it's so tough sleeping until noon, watching ESPN all day, and having a plate of food in front of me everytime I look up! No seriously, it has been great to visit, but I have been extremely busy. Monday and Tuesday night I spoke to a group of college athletes at SAGU (Southwest Assembly of God Univ) who are in the middle of three-a-day workouts as they prepare for their season. I love interacting with athletes--being in the mix of training, hard work, and competition. It brings me back to my early years when sports played such a huge role in my personal development. I think I still carry that drive to excel and achieve, only in a different capacity now. For me, it's no longer about winning games and championships--it's about winning people.

Tomorrow I'll travel north of Dallas to meet up with a friend of mine, Chris Boniol. Chris has a Super Bowl ring from his time with the Dallas Cowboys, and he continues to do camps for kids who are serious about football. I'll be speaking to about 120 men from his church at a retreat until Saturday--nothing like a room full of testosterone and the Holy Ghost! It's so cool to see the different expressions of Christ all over the country. I'm seeing an unprecedented hunger for God and people who are passionately pursuing Him everywhere I go. Awesome!!

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Antoinette said...

You know your momma spoiled the mess out of you!!

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

Doubt you'll get this before you see him, but if you do please tell Boniol I said hi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home