Monday, September 18, 2006

Celebrating 30 Years!

Yesterday, Rachel crossed a major milestone in her life--she turned 30 years old! Remembering how depressed I was leaving my 20's to enter the dreadfully mature and responsible 30's, I asked her how she felt about this transition. She was excited, ready for a new season and the opportunities of a new decade. We had a slammin' party for her at the house with lots of great food (especially the hand-made, gourmet quality sandwiches and those little BBQ smokies), and so many friends to help us celebrate. All the kids were hot and sweaty from jumping on the trampoline and playing on the swing set. I even saw little boys pushing baby strollers and playing with the kitchen set--our toy selection will surely change when I have my son...no more barbies and baby dolls!! A special thanks to Rachel's family for working so hard to prepare the food...and to everyone who was able to stop by. We are incredibly blessed!!

2 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Don't worry. Life begins at 40 so you still got ten more years before you actually start life. Anyway, congrads to Rachel.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Antoinette said...

Mike it was so nice to be there as Rachel blew out all 30 of those candles. I didnt think she was going to do it. Anyway, I love yall and miss hanging out. Have a blessed day!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home