Thursday, January 18, 2007

Late Nite 2007

We launched our first Late Nite service for the brand new year last weekend, and it started with a bang!! I felt like a kid on the first day of school...pumped to see all my friends and excited to just be together. With new opportunities for child care and children's church, families are now able to be a part of the Late Nite experience--including mine! (Rachel looks so pretty sitting on the front row--I think I preach better when she's there!) Alexa and Mikaela burned some adrenalin before church on the fun-jumps and inflatable games outside.

We had an amazing experience with God as hundreds showed up for this special night. We talked about the greatest enemy to our spiritual life being a word called "hurry." Our culture suffers from hurry sickness, and this busy mentality can creep into our relationship with Christ...I hope you drove in the slow lane on I-10 this week and even prayed for the drivers who passed you by!! During our afterhours party, we threw down on some jambalaya and watched the New Orleans Saints do something we've never seen before--win a playoff game! We are definitely seeing some amazing things this year already!

After only 18 days into this 2007 year, I already sense God beginning to do something significant in our midst. The Bible says in I Corinthians 2:9, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him." What a promise! God is cooking up something special for each one of us. As we commit to prayer, worship, fasting, and seeking Him those dreams will become reality.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Beck Payne said...

Bro.Mike,

I always enjoy reading your posts. Have a great 07 year!

Beck Payne
Life Church WM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home