Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Global Friendships

Once again, I've been on an extended leave of absence from the blog-sphere world. Only this time, it's not because of any exciting kingdom adventure. I've been flat on my back, wrestling for almost an entire week with an ugly, yellow-green monster called Sinus Infection. When a pastor loses his voice, it's definitely an emergency. Rachel and the girls seemed to enjoy the silence, but I felt totally useless. I'm not quick to run to the medicine cabinet every time I get a sniffle, but after coughing up some pretty amazing things--I'm sure you would love more info!--I was desperate for help. Thank God for Dr. Cherie and some antibiotics!!

This weekend at HPC was stellar once again with special guests from the Ukraine--Zhenya and Vera Kasevich & family, as well as from Australia--Reuben Morgan & the Hillsong worship team.

It started Saturday morning where almost 300 HPC guys came together for our first ever Men's Gathering. The auditorium was filled with motorcycles, putting greens, bagels, and some serious testosterone. Zhenya shared a dynamic word, challenging us to watch out for things that kill our destiny (fear, pride, selfishness, greed, and lust). Though fighting to stay healthy, I had the privilege of speaking to the guys on having courage and what it takes to be man (I Kings 2:2). We finished at noon with a Louisiana style BBQ--thanks Cooking for Christ...you're my favorite ministry!

The weekend services were high-octane, pedal-to-the-floor as well. Zhenya ministered on the importance of faith, while Reuben and the gang used their gifts and talents in song. The weekend concluded Sunday night with dinner and a leadership teaching by Vera to nearly 200 HP women. Are we blessed or what?!! We have such amazing relationships at HPC.