Thursday, April 19, 2007

Because He's Faithful

Even though I have slammed on the breaks and my schedule has come to a screeching halt, my spirit is alive and active. I've been able to do some personal inventory and evaluate my "true" priorities--weighing them up against this arbitrary list I carry in my head. It's embarrassing to look at some of the things in my past and realize how selfish I have been. Sometimes I act as if I'm the all-powerful sun, and everything else in the universe must orbit around me. I'm convinced that the most important investment of my time and energy is not in chasing my own dreams, but in loving and serving the people God has brought into my life. It's sad when God has to break your leg to improve your sight!!

I am forever committed to the faithfulness of God. The Bible, history books, and the countless testimonies of modern Christians all over the world remind us to celebrate the faithfulness of God. In the Old Testament, God threw the mighty Egyptian army into the Red Sea. He used hail and locusts, storms and drought, all to accomplish His will. He sent fire from heaven and blinded the eyes of His enemies. He gave children to those in old age, and He delivered His people using the weakest of human servants. Why? Because He's faithful!

In the New Testament He defeated the devil in the wilderness. He raised people from the dead and gave sight back to the blind. He turned a motley crew of fishermen into a group of leaders that would turn the world upside-down! Perhaps most importantly, He snapped the iron grips of death, throwing off its tyranny, bursting from the grave! Why? Because He's faithful!

He poured out His Spirit on all flesh--young and old, men and women--and empowered them to speak of the Good News of His love to the ends of the earth. From the time Jesus ascended into heaven until now, He has enable His Church to withstand the onslaught on persecution and division, heresies and harassment so that His final command might be fulfilled, to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature! Why? Because He's faithful!

Sorry for the sermon...I haven't preached in weeks, and I needed an outlet!!

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't you apologize! You preach it up!!! I miss your phace!

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not say you are sorry for speaking from your heart!!! God bless u and ur fam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home