Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Making a Comeback

This week has been marked by some notable progress. Monday afternoon I went to the gym--crutches and all--and worked out for the first time in 3 weeks. It felt awesome...though I realize I'm pathetic and sorely out of shape! It wears me out just getting to the water fountain in between sets. I was in the office Tuesday, leg propped up and my crutches nearby, having meetings and making phone calls. It was wonderful to be back, fully engaged in church life again. I even scheduled a lunch appointment with a very attractive, drop-dead gorgeous woman--my wife!!

I haven't preached in over a month, so you can imagine how I'm driving everyone around me insane. My kids won't let me say the blessing over the meals anymore, and for the life of me, I can't understand why! There's nothing wrong with putting a little "preach" in your prayer, is there?? It must be the Greek word studies on "chicken nuggets" I include that are making everyone so impatient.

Anyway, I'm excited about the guys Friday morning study at Vitality called "Go Big." I'll be teaching this Friday on our Christian faith being a "Big Adventure" and the thrill of trusting God in the journey. I love doing life with guys who are fully committed to following Jesus regardless of the risks involved!

Moving forward, slowly but surely, one leg at a time!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sooooo happy for Rach that you are finally getting out of the house. Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home