Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mud-Bug Mow Down


Last Saturday marked the official start of our Late Nite summer celebration. Final exams are over for all of our college students--can you hear the shouts of joy in the streets?--so we had to kick up a little dust Cajun-style. With the help of some amazing guys and gals, we set up some tables, rolled out the newspaper, and peeled some of the biggest crawfish tales I've seen this season! I've confirmed this theory with our staff theologian-in-residence, Johnny Green, but I believe crawfish will be served at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb...at least that's what it says in my KJN version of the Bible! Ha! Click here for more photos of the Mudbug Mowdown!

A huge "Thank You" goes out to our staff and core team for making this year's crawfish boil such a great experience. Taking a break from our usual Saturday night services this summer means that opportunities to get together are so important. We may surprise you in a couple of weeks with a spontaneous Late Nite bowling bonanza--even though I can't even walk right now. I'm an amazing bowler...just pull out those bumper pads, and I'll knock down some serious pins!!

Don't forget about "FUSION"--our college/young adult retreat coming up next month (June 15-16) at the illustrious 5-star venue known as Tall Timbers (I hear Forrest Hill, LA is beautiful this time of year!!). It's going to be slammin!

2 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Amy said...

unfortunetly my shout of joy wasn't heard until 7:30 Saturday night( Yep the last final of the day, I also had one at 10) so while of you were having a blast and eating I was thinking of you and studying. :-) I guess I will forgive you guys. :-) No seriously I am really glad everyone had such a great time, and that God gave us such a beautiful day. Maybe next year I'll be able to make it.
I miss Late Nite already. And I am definetly coming to Fusion

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

mmmm...crawfish!!! This marks two years in a row with no crawfish boil =( Hope you ate some for me =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home