Monday, April 30, 2007

Moving Forward


If you're wondering about the condition of my leg, I have a pretty picture of what the doctor saw when he pulled it out of the cast last week...pleasant huh? Gives new meaning to "how beautiful are the feet of those who bring Good News!" I'm starting the challenging road of physical therapy with Mitch Mula this week. Though I held a press conference announcing to the professional kickball world my retirement from the league (ha ha), I am still committed to creating unforgettable backyard memories for my children--hopefully without any more broken bones!

It was so good to be back at Late Nite this past Saturday! It's been a long time since I've been involved--I last preached on March 10th!! It's difficult to put into words the feelings and emotions that you experience when you reconnect with something you love. Healing Place Church has the world's best college students and young adults anywhere on the planet! You just don't realize how much something means to you until it's taken away. During the month of April, I felt like Tom Hanks in the movie "Castaway"--my life has crashed into an unknown, deserted island, and I often find myself talking to a pair of crutches I fondly named "Wilson" and "Spalding."

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!!!

6 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger MorningSong said...

OUCH!! It hurts to look!!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

It was good to have you back! I know you must be learning patience all over again, and that just goes to show you, you're never too old to learn anything!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

that almost doesn't even look real...sure it isn't a prop from a scary movie??? =)

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Gered Lambert said...

That's WHACK!! Only thing I've broken was my nose. I won't mind if I never experience a broken bone.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger MorningSong said...

Please update your blog - I cringe in pain everytime I see those piggies!!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Paula said...

yikes that's icky!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home