Friday, May 11, 2007

Men and Women of Steel


When I drove onto the Highland campus and saw the construction site, I nearly jumped out of my handicap boot! After much sacrifice, many prayers, and the faithful giving of our HPC family, it truly was incredible to see steel finally coming out of the ground. This is only the beginning of an amazing faith-journey in which God has prepared for us.

I can remember the "early days" when our church was limited to 6 acres, and we were desperately looking for land. From that day to this, God has continued to write the story of His love among us. I am convinced that we are living in the middle of a miracle. It's because of the faithfulness of God and the commitment of so many to bring hope and healing to those who hurt.

Habakkuk 1:5 says, "Look at the nations and be amazed. Watch and be astounded at what I'm about to do. For I am doing something in your own day; something you wouldn't believe even if someone told it to you!"

May those steel beams be a reminder of the strength of our God, and may it galvanize our love and passion for His house!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home