Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Fantastic Four Events

Just this past Thursday, Trevor wakes up at 3 AM hungry for his early morning snack, and just as I finish feeding my little man, I remembered that they start pouring concrete on the new worship space at 4 AM. Wanting a little adventure that morning, I get dressed in my trusty early morning gear, wind pants, and a pullover. I get to the construction site just in time to snap this picture of them pouring the slab! As I stood watching the work, I felt so inspired and excited about what God has in store for HPC. This, along with the announcement that we heard from our Pastor about the Miracle Offering total, made me reflect on the faithfulness of God and the generosity of the people of HPC. I am so blessed to be apart of this place; I wouldn't want to be anywhere else on the planet!

Alexa has been taking dance on Tuesday Nights, and Thursday Night she had her Christmas Dance Recital at the Gonzales Civic Center. As you can see in the pictures, she was all dolled up. If she had her way, she would wear make-up like that all the time. But good thing I am still the dad, and she won't be dating until she is 40!! Once the show started, Alexa shined! The girl had some energy and some major dance moves. Of course, she learned them from her dad. I have some skills that many have never seen. Check out the other picture of Alexa with her dance instructor - the girlfriend looks so much like Carrie Underwood!! Oh, you bet that night I was a proud Dad! The recital got the Haman 5 all pumped up for the Christmas Season to begin. This season more than ever, we have the awesome privilege to be a blessing to our community, friends, and family. With so many opportunities to reach and serve at all campuses I want to be apart of passing on the Hope of Christmas. I would encourage all of you to be apart as much as you can - check out all of the Christmas Outreaches that are available.

At the week's end, I had the awesome opportunity to travel to Destin, FL and speak at the Men's Conference for Destiny Worship Center. You can check out some of the pics here. Pastor Steve Vaggalis leads this awesome ARC church. They had a strong showing with about 100 men present for the weekend. We talked about being "Trained to Reign: a study on the life of David." It was a great honor to speak to them and represent the heart and DNA of HPC!!

As we traveled back on Friday, we made a 3 1/2 hour pit stop in Mobile, Alabama to eat and watch the LSU Tigers win the SEC Championship!! I was truly amazed to how many LSU fans are in Mobile! There was a strong representation of Tiger fans in the Mobile Wing Station! And now, the BCS National Championship- GEAUX TIGERS!


I just loved this picture of Alexa and T-REV, so I thought I would include it. My boy is getting big and STRONG! I can't get over how good looking he is and how much he looks just like me! Just kidding, if it wasn't for my beautiful wife and kids, I would have no hope!

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Alexa we know she did awesome. The Mawae Crew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home