Thursday, November 01, 2007

Live the Dream

Wow!!! There is no other way to describe our first-ever "Live the Dream" women's conference at Healing Place Church. In our short 14 year history, this is one of the biggest and best things we've ever done. Months and months of planning, countless hours of preparation, creative meetings, innovative thinking, sweat equity and the touch of the Sovereign resulted in a weekend that impacted more than 1200 women. But it didn't stop there--marriages were healed, children were blessed, families were enriched, dreams were inspired. On top of that, over 40 pastors wives were in attendance, so the reach of the ministry was exponential!!

Of course, my personal schedule was slightly adjusted this past week with Rachel being fully engaged in the "Live the Dream" efforts. I was triple-teamed at the house with a gathering of my own--I call it the Daddy Daycare Conference! After 4 solid days flying solo with my 3 children, all I can say is....Wow!!!!!! I love my wife--and desperately miss her when she's gone!

Several new dads stopped by my house while their wives were "living the dream." Blair Gremillion and his little girl Sheldon dropped by for pizza one night. After warming some bottles and changing a few diapers, we encouraged each other in the Lord and asked for His mercy over the next couple of days. When Momma's gone, it's all about survival right? Not long after, Rob Gros came over with his brand new baby Novalee. During our conversation, little T-Rev nearly baptized Rob in some projectile vomit--it was spectacular!!!!! This was no little spit-up. He double-clutched an entire 5 oz bottle that looked like the Falls of Niagara. While Rachel was living the dream, my dream had become a nightmare! That's my boy!

The highlight for me was the opening night of the conference. The girls and I snuck into the building to see the kick-off. Everyone was amazing, but my favorite was the conference host--Rachel! She's a natural on stage--beauty personified! Alexa, Mikaela & I left early, but not before placing 1 long-stem rose and a card decorated by all of us in the front seat of Rachel's car. After doing this secret act of love and affirmation, Mikaela exclaimed, "Daddy, this has been the best day of my life!" I said, "Why is that baby?" She said, "Because Mommy is going to be sooooo surprised."

Congratulations to all the ladies of our HPC house! Keep living the dream!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

Mikaela's comment is soooo precious!!! You are definitely setting an incredible example of how a Godly man treats his wife, so her future to be husband will have a high wall to climb...oops...sorry...maybe I shouldn't have put that thought in your head...boys have cooties...no marriage until 40 for Alexa and Mikaela!!! There...that's better =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home