Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Birthday Fun

Life is full of irony. It's funny how my last post centered on slowing down and enjoying life more, however, the past 2 weeks have done nothing but accelerate for me!! It's easy to preach about the need to slow down, but it's incredibly difficult when you can't even find the brakes! If I can't do much to change the pace of things, I'm determined at least to enjoy every exhilarating second of it!!

Before leaving for Italy (an amazing trip that I will blog about soon), we celebrated something very important at the Haman house...Mikaela had a birthday on October 1st. She is so excited to be 5 years old, and I wanted to dedicate this post completely to her.

When she woke up early Monday morning, we basically gave her a blank check. I said, "Baby, the day belongs to you. We are committed to going wherever you want to go and doing whatever you want to do!".....a very dangerous thing to offer a little girl who loves the bling!! Our first stop was Chick-fil-a (excellent choice--a personal favorite of mine). Since we've been married, Rachel and I have had numerous romantic date nights there--she loves the playground.

After Chick-fil-a, we met up with Gabi LeBlanc (one of the coolest Elevate interns at HPC) and headed to kid-heaven: Chuck E Cheese. I don't know who had more fun: Mikaela or the 3 adults with her! We blitzed the arcade with a gold-mine of tokens. I must humbly confess that while playing the Hot Shot basketball game, I set the All-Time Chuck E Cheese record...when you see the high score of 52, know that it's mine!!

The day wouldn't be complete without a trip to the mall, where we rode the carousel, visited Libby Lu, The Disney Store, Limited Too, and Claire's. And to top it all off, a cup of Dip-N-Dots for the road!! I love that little girl more than words can say. She's 5 years old now, but blink twice and she will be 25! Oh that dreaded day!! Do you think maybe I can convince her on her 25th birthday to hang out with her dad at Chuck E Cheese??? Not hardly! I better enjoy it now!

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

I wouldn't suggest handing her a blank check on her 25th bday as she will definitely have a better idea of what that means then and probably won't choose Chuckie Cheese =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home