Monday, September 10, 2007

Family Life

Quick update on Little Hamanator: T-Rev made his long-awaited debut in church last weekend, looking strong and macho in his camouflage. He's already showing signs of becoming an HPC pastor--he attended multiple services! Life with 3 kids has definitely created a different dynamic for Rachel and me. After trying to taxi children to different places all morning, I consider the day a success if I just make it to the office on time. Oh the joys of parenting!

Mikaela (my 4 year old) and I had an interesting discussion at the breakfast table this morning. After informing me of her plans to be married one day, she could see the look of disgust on my face. I asked her how necessary marriage really was, warning her of the deadly germ all boys carry: cooties! She looked unconcerned. "But Baby," I reasoned, "what about how lonely your Daddy will be if you get married?" "That's ok Daddy, I'll still live with you...besides, I'm not getting married until I'm 50." Needless to say, I love that gameplan...and I will remind her of this conversation in the future!

T-Rev and I are connecting at different levels now that college football season is here. How 'bout them Tigers?!!! Rachel dressed him up in purple and gold for the Mississippi State game--Tiger fan since birth! When LSU played Virginia Tech, T-Rev and I talked strategy, X's and O's all day. Trevor's a good listener-he seemed to agree with all my opinions. I can't wait for the day when I get to bring him to Tiger Stadium for the first time!

5 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad y'all are doing well. Maybe just maybe one day The Doucets will have a man child. until then...i am off to play Barbie some more. See ya!

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am simply amazed at how much he he has grown!!! How handsome he is....gotta love that sweet smile!!! Can he be a CARDINAL fan too???

Ur MO auntie...M

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike--Tell your MO auntie that T-Rev is already a TITANS fan. The Mawae's

Tell Rach and the girls we say hello!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

way to train him up right!!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Bringing him up right is all I got to say! And my, what a good looking baby that is! Congrads again, Pastor Mike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home