Monday, July 23, 2007

Princess Alexa

July 14, 2007 was an especially important date in the Haman household. We celebrated Alexa's 9th birthday (man I feel incredibly old!) and hosted a handful of her little diva friends for a slumber party. It takes a tremendous amount of courage...and money...to be the lone guy in a house full of girl-power. I'm so blessed to have such amazing girls in my life!

Forgive me, but I have to take a moment to be a proud dad. From her earliest days til now, Alexa has always carried a unique touch of God on her life. She has a gift of mercy and compassion that seems to connect with those in great need. I often watch her respond to people in a crowded room, and I get choked up thinking about the destiny God has for her to walk in. She makes friends so easily and doesn't flinch if someone is a little different than she is. They make look different, talk different or even have a physical handicap--makes no difference to her!

Alexa has a spirit that is fierce and free, full of hilarious joy. She loves to laugh. She's not afraid to get dirty. She never backs down from a challenge--and she's got some dangerous kickball skills!! She's smart like her mother--she loves the microphone like her father--and I can't believe she belongs to me!!! We've taught her to live by the 10 Commandments, and I've added Commandment #11: all boys have cooties! I think she's starting to question that one though!

You can imagine how thrilled I was when Alexa asked me if she could be baptized. Of course, I made sure she understood the significance of water baptism, and Alexa convinced me by saying, "Daddy, baptism is an outward expression of an inward condition. I want the world to know that I belong to Jesus." So Saturday night after church, I experienced the biggest privilege of my brief career in fatherhood: baptizing my daughter on her birthday! She went down in that water a nervous little 9 year old, but when she came up, all of us were in tears.

3 John 4 says, "I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in the truth." Thank You Jesus!!!!

3 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

I can't imagine how it will be when I have my own kids one day if it is this hard seeing Alexa grow up!

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaww, that is so sweet. I remember Alexa was born right when I started going to Crosswalk. That was nine years ago? That makes me feel old! She is so pretty, she looks like Rachel. That boy should be coming any day now, huh?h

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is I am extremely proud of ALL of you! Way to go Alexa. Hope your birthday was as special as YOU are!!! Very proud of the statement you are making with your life at such an early age! Way to go!!! Love on that new little brother when he gets here for me - hopefully, this week. Thanks for posting the birthday pictures & the baptism one too...for your family so far away...we appreciate it!!!
With lots of love... aunt martha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home