Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Doing Life


Rachel and I have some of the best friends on the planet! I'm constantly amazed at how good God is to us and the wonderful people we get to share life with. Last week we rolled up to Nashville to hang out with Kevin and Traci Mawae--by far the coolest people in the Music City--and made up for the months of sleep deprivation we've accumulated. The kids stayed in the pool literally all day, Rachel feasted on her favorite pregnancy snacks (anything chocolate), and I worked on my pasty, pale white skin issues--there's no hope for me...I'm just plain vanilla!

We came back in town and wasted no time re-entering our NASCAR-like work schedule. (I actually watched 20 minutes of a race in Dover yesterday and felt for the first time I could really get into racing if I let myself. I think the Disney movie "Cars" had something to do with it too!) We caught Alexa pushing a vacuum cleaner at church in one of the classes the other day, proving she does have the ability to work, even though she denies it at home!


I have to give a shout-out to all the members of our Late Nite missions team. Going on little sleep and pushing through the brutal summer heat, we put on a huge garage sale last Saturday to raise support for Italy. I forgot to put on my normal sunblock (SPF 1000), so I had to tie a shirt around my head and look like Little Red Riding Hood all day.
Thank you to everyone who gave their time, energy, and stuff to make missions a reality!

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,
Does the "red" in little red riding hood have anything to do with your skin tone of too much fun in the sun?
Missing you and your family...your MO ANT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home