Monday, June 18, 2007

Back in the Fast Lane

I've been off my crutches now for nearly a month, and though I'm still sporting the NASA space boot, I can't tell you how awesome it feels to be back in the action!! The past several weeks have been absolutely amazing--God is on the move, and we're doing our best to keep up with Him!

After 30 Late Niters stepped up to the bowling challenge a
couple of weeks ago (I must confess that girls rule and boys drool), we brought over 100 college students and young adults to Fusion, our very first retreat experience. It was incredible!! The power of the Holy Spirit descended on us in a special way, marking our lives forever. It was cool to see so many new faces and sense the excitement of this fresh wave of God in our generation.

The guys redeemed themselves in the afternoon field competition called "Battle of the Sexes." I think we could turn in some footage to America's Funniest Videos and with the prize money make a major cash donation to our Chapter 2 building fund! A big thank you goes out to all those who provided scholarship money making it possible for many to attend.

Rachel continues to grow--she's the most
beautiful pregnant woman I've ever seen--and little Trevor seems like he is going to be one active boy...wonder where he gets that from? Alexa and Mikaela are pumped and have already planned out the things they want to do with their new brother. My only warning: don't turn him into some little girly-man!

Saturday night, Alexa and I returned home from being away at Fusion retreat. When I walked in the door, Mikaela ran up to me and gave me a big hug saying, "Daddy, is tomorrow Father's Day?" I got excited, thinking she had been working all weekend long on a homemade Father's Day project and was
ready to give it to me. "It sure is!" I told her. She was disappointed. "Oh," she said, "I like Mother's Day better!" Gotta love those kids...I never know what they'll say next!

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger MorningSong said...

That belly!! Rachel looks awesome! I know she is ready to hold Trevor in her arms and give her back a break! How much longer until he arrives?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home