Thursday, November 15, 2007

Life on the Bayou!

We had an amazing celebration this past weekend at all of our HPC campuses when we received our Miracle Offering for the HPC Arena. So much focus, energy, preparation and prayer was put toward this weekend ,and it was truly an incredible time together. People came with joy in their hearts, believing God for the supernatural in their lives. Since many people are still giving at all of our campuses, we will announce the total around the first of December.

Sunday night we filled the Highland Campus with inflatables, games, food and families. It was jam-packed, crawling with people and buzzing with excitement. Kids were playing games with cotton candy all over their faces... and I even caught some adults trying to recapture their youth on the fun jumps! I got to bring Alexa and Mikaela, but only after I was warned by Rachel that if I lost one in all the madness I shouldn't even bother coming home. But, thanks to Kristin Cheramie, I made it back home with both girls at my side!

Our church is blessed with tremendous relationships and we have great friends all over the globe. One of those friendships is with Hillsong United, and we had the honor of hosting them at a worship night on Tuesday. Bethany was gracious to let us use their South Campus. We packed people into the sanctuary, and set up a giant projector outside with a live feed to accommodate hundreds more people. Dozens of churches were represented and Jesus Christ was lifted up in a magnificent way!

You know that saying that everyone has a twin somewhere in the world? Well we found the identical twins of JP and Jeffery on the Hillsong United team! Check out this picture of JP, JD, Jeffrey and Peter. The resemblence is uncanny. This happens to me every time I go out in public. I get mistaken for Denzel Washington all the time. In fact, I can't even walk into a shopping mall anymore without someone thinking that I am him. It's the coolest thing! I just sign the autographs and keep on walking. It's tough being a superstar!!

Life on the bayou is amazing. We are so blessed here at HPC and I love getting to be a part of this awesome journey!

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

Denzel? Yes, now that you mention it, I can totally see the resemblance ;-0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home