Sunday, March 19, 2006

Hurricane from Hillsong


What an incredible week we had with our special guests from Australia, Nick and Christine Caine! It started out on Monday night with over 1300 ladies in attendance at Chick Night, gathered momentum on Wednesday at our One Way night of worship with Rueben Morgan and the Hillsong band, and culminated in a youth blowout called "Amplified." Our student ministry cranked up the volume in a powerful weekend experience where hundreds of young people collided with the Holy Spirit and began to embrace their God-given destiny!

I am constantly amazed by the passion of this next generation, and I feel such tremendous responsibility as a former youth pastor to direct their energies toward the things of God. When I look at our student ministry now, my mind drifts back 10 years ago, when Rachel and I were working with teenagers. So much has changed in the last decade--I feel as old as a dinosaur--technology, music, style. Yet kids are still in crisis, and the only thing that can set them free is the power of God! I'm grateful for our student ministry staff, who work diligently to understand the times and yet stay anchored to the saving power of the Cross of Jesus Christ.

I have to give a shout-out to Chris Caine: thank you for stretching us as a staff, speaking fresh vision to the life of our church, and always challenging us to enlarge our capacity for God. You are definitely a key player in the landscape of my own spiritual formation...rock on sister!!

I have to say one of the most memorable moments of the weekend was when our very own Eddie G. attempted a stage dive that went terribly wrong. You have to check this out!

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Jdizzel said...

Your not an Old Dinosaur bro, well maybe a middle aged one, ha ha. Just kidding I just read your blog and started reminising about the good ol' days.

You guys are doing a great job!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Amplified was awesome!

I've watched Eddie's failed attempt at a stage dive like a million times.....and it never gets old! =)

Have a blessed day!

Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home