Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dream Team

What an incredible night of ministry we had last night! I saw so many new faces at LateNite and had an opportunity to meet many first time visitors. We are always honored to be able to host first time guests and families who visit our church, and we hope the environment in which they experience God will encourage them to come back. Doug and Jason led us to an unprecedented passion during worship, and Michelle hit a grand slam with her message on Biblical community and our need for relationships. The energy in the room at the end of the night was absolutely amazing. I believe the chemistry for an incredible run in 2006 is already in the making!

During our 6:30 service, I headed down to the Annex to catch Terry Olivier pinch hit for our high school pastor, Jason Laird, who was battling sickness. I spied out the service in the back of the auditorium, and I was totally captivated by Terry's message. I've been a Christian for nearly 25 years, and at the end of the service, I wanted to walk down to the front and give my heart to Christ all over again! Our students are able to receive ministry from some of the best next generation leaders in the country.

As a pastor and leader at HPC for the past decade, I could not be any more excited about our future than I am right now. Like a father watching his own son compete in an athletic event, my heart is so full for our spiritual sons and daughters. Rachel and I have laid down our lives for the purpose of raising up a generation of young men and women who will love God radically and love people irrationally. We are now beginning to see the fruit of that sacrifice, and we are thrilled to be able to share in this end times harvest.

To our staff let me say: All the credit belongs to you, All the glory belongs to God, and the privilege is all mine!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home