Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mile High


Last weekend I had the privilege of speaking to the NY Jets football team in Denver. I did their chapel service Saturday night before they took on the Broncos the following Sunday. Apparently, my message wasn't that inspiring because the Jets went down in defeat! I had a great time in Denver, however. My sister, Rebekah, lives there and works in an upscale restaurant. Needless to say we ate constantly! After spending the weekend in Colorado, my family and I made our way to Missouri to spend some time with grandparents for Thanksgiving. My Paw Paw is 93 and my Mi Mi is 87. They've been married for 67 years and are still in love!! Now that's inspiring! It was a great week to just relax and enjoy life (not to mention all the different ways turkey can be served: turkey sandwiches, turkey gumbo, turkey pie, pickled turkey, turkey on a stick...you get the idea!) But it is good to be back in the BR. The temperature here is only a few degrees off from the temperature in Colorado (yeah right). I hope you all had a great Holiday, and I can't wait to see you all!

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike! It was great to see you and the family while you were here in Missouri. Thanks for spending some time with us. God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home