Friday, November 04, 2005

Steve the rare Ware

It’s been a great week here at HPC. We are currently in the middle of a teaching series at Late Nite called “Living to the Max.” I introduced the topic last week and explored the idea of having and enjoying a life of abundance with Christ. One of the things I love about our church is the great leadership God has given us. It was exciting to hear from Steve Ware Wednesday night. He stepped up to the plate and hit a grand slam!!

All of us have pockets of insecurity that keep us from living a “maxed-out” life. Everyday we’re confronted with dozens of thoughts and feelings that have the potential to neutralize our effectiveness and melt away our confidence.

Steve addressed these issues head-on and was “GUT-level” honest with some of the insecurities he wrestled with as a kid. Don’t you love people who are not afraid to risk being honest? He’s a big guy—he was born wearing 2X--with an even bigger heart. Keep doing cannonballs, Steve, because nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission!!

3 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, is it all right for me to feel insecure if no one writes any comments about Wednesday's service?

Signed,

the guy who preached


P.S. I am just joking! It was an honor to just be at Late Night Wednesday. Pastor Mike you are the man!!! Save all that drama for your MAMA!!!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

Dude!!! I didn't know you were blogging!!! My, my, how far you have come =)

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Master Baron Von Tuckenstein the First Esquire said...

I am a new guy to the area, and have been to Late Nite the last two weeks (which rocked by the way, always jelous of you guys good at cannonballs), and I have started to go to Main St. (big bonfire tonight, sweet), but I am probably going to be here through the holiday season and I was wondering what fellowship opportunities would be here after Late Nite shuts down for the holiday season?

Oh, to make things more interesting I work hurricane relief 7 days a week 12 hours a day (7am-7pm). Any chance there will be stuff for me at Healing Place? Thanks, keep up the Good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home