Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Enjoying Life

Do you ever feel like your life could be compared to some Hollywood movie script? Does drama seem to follow you everywhere you go? Do you ever wake up in the morning and think to yourself, "Hmm, I wonder what it's going to be today"? If you or someone you love is currently suffering from this condition, I have some very important news for you...you might be related to me! In the Haman household, with 3 determined girls (Rachel included) and 1 predominantly confused guy (that would be me), there is never a dull moment!

Friday night, we attended a wedding where I shared responsibilities with Johnny Green--didn't he do an incredible job preaching this Sunday? As he opened the ceremony, he accidentally said the wrong name for the bride. Watching from over his shoulder, I felt bad for the bride, but I loved that fact that I had fresh ammunition against him--he always harasses me when I get tongue tied. Aren't paybacks sweet!?! At the reception, my daughters took over the dance floor, cutting loose and showing off their superior dance moves they learned from me--I'm an avid student of the choreography of Napoleon Dynamite (not really).

However, we couldn't make it through the weekend without a little sickness knocking on our door. Mikaela ran a high fever last night, and Alexa is battling congestion...again. With all of the unexpected twists and turns involved in raising small kids, being in ministry, and being a great dancer (not!), I absolutely love the life God has given me. I am so blessed to be able to build the kingdom of God, help others, and share this experience with people I love. Peace and contentment seem to escape so many. I can remember struggling and wrestling through many days of doubt and discouragement. It literally wore me out!!

I'm grateful for the touch of God, His patience, and His timing. I'm currently reading a book called, "The Practice of the Presence of God: the spiritual secrets of a humble brother who enjoyed closeness with God" by Brother Lawrence (1600's). Incredible! This man spent most of his time in the kitchen washing pots and pans all day long. Yet he was able to turn the most commonplace and menial task into a living hymn to the glory of God! I pray for the grace and discipline to be able to do the same.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mike,how have you been,well i hope you have been well I had heard you now have a blog and decided let me check out Mike's blog this should be cool well my friend your blog is awesome!! I hope everyone in the Haymen house Hold had a wonderful Saint patty's day and yall take care


love, jonathan Wilmore (The minster of belonging) this s the title Robert Terrell gave me I love it because it what i love doing making people feel belonged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home